Monday, May 20, 2013

「月」Working

Catholic girls were also warned not to wear black patent leather shoes or to allow their dates to take them to places that had white tablecloths. A girl was not to wear black patent leather shoes because, supposedly, such shoes reflected up. The nuns believed that a boy could see up a girl's dress by looking into her black patent leather shoes. White tablecloths were to be avoided because, according to the nuns, they reminded boys of bed.
—  John R. Powers, Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up? (65).
I tried reading this book a few years ago, and I thought it was boring. Now I think it's hilarious. Funny how things work out that way. I don't get all of it, since I obviously didn't go to Catholic School growing up, and I barely even practice now, but I get some of it from what my mom's told me. I wonder if it'd be interesting at all to someone who isn't even Catholic.
I started work today. It's kind of interesting, very independent. Might go a little crazy from boredom, but we'll see. I'll probably get really into it once I start coding. For now though, there's a lot to learn. I have to learn JavaScript too. Busy busy.
The headphones I got a couple weeks ago! Happy listenin'

No comments:

Post a Comment